This morning we were supposed to finish the big modern planter box we started yesterday, but instead I got sidetracked and rearranged the boys room. Living in a really small home of 1300 square feet you have to get creative with where you store items so I thought it would be fun to jump on and share 5 ways to organize a boys room. Or, any space of your home 😉
5 Ways To Organize A Boys Room
- Bins. I purchased these bins from Ikea and they’re amazing to store things like lego, games, figures, cars etc. You can see through them so if storing them on a shelf or up high, you can easily see what is in each bin.
2. Beddy’s Zip Comforters. This organization tip is a bit of a expensive tip, but it has changed our life. We have four kids ( 3 of them boys ), prior to investing in Beddy’s beds, I was spending way too much time making everyone’s beds. This way, the kids can easily zip their beds when they wake up and their bed is made.
3. An Extra Large Wicker Hamper. One way to keep our boys room clutter free is we have a large wicker basket they can throw all their dirty clothes into. Not only is it more pleasing to the eye rather than a clothes hamper, but it’s easy for them to throw their clothes into it at the end of the day.
4. Bin For All Books. Seen above we have a big tassel bin with all of our boys books. Since these books are used on the daily. You can also build or buy picture shelves to store your kids favourite books, but we found for us, the bin was the best option
5. Drawer Dedicated to Odds and Ends. This might seem like it’s not a way to organize a room. But I’ve found the best way to keep my kids rooms organized is if I have a drawer in each of their rooms dedicated to all the crafts and small toys that they want to keep that there isn’t a place for. It might mean them having less clothing to make space for this drawer – but it’s worth it!
If you were watching my stories today you’ll know our boys bedroom doesn’t stay this clean. But instead of it taking a full day to clean, it took an hour. These tips have really helped us stay organized and have a cleaner home.
We’re a pretty minimal family. When something no longer serves its purpose or isn’t played with, we donate it. Same goes for clothing, we only buy what we love and once they’re worn and grown out of, we pass them on.
We do not keep what we don’t love and that is the key in having an organized home.
5 ways to organize a boys room. 5 ways to organize. 5 ways to organize. 5 ways to organize. 5 ways to organize