Hey Friends… How are you all doing this week? Here in Canada things started to get serious for the majority of the population on Monday ( March 16th )
We personally went on lockdown in our home Monday. The only time we go out of our home is to go for walks around our neighborhood or to our local beach. But no stores, outdoor parks or really anywhere with a surface that could hold Covid-19.
I wanted to come up with a list of 50 activities for adults to do inside during quarantine as we all prepare for the long haul.
So without further ado… here we go!
- Vacuum, Clean + Paint your baseboards
- Garden / Weed Eat / Mow your grass
- Turn on a movie and make popcorn with your favorite toppings
- Organize your linen closet
- Make a charcuterie board and play a game, we love Settlers.
- Bake something you’ve never made before.
- Find old decor, vases, candlesticks and spray paint them for a new look
- Organize/Purge your closet
- Give your appliances in your home a deep clean
- Learn a new hairstyle ( girls only ) I love beach waves with a flat iron
- Go for a walk
- Air out your entire home – windows open and turn up the music to boost your mood
- Learn an instrument ( If you have on in your home )
- Make Playdough. I swear it’s super therapeutic!
- Organize Apps on your phone and Delete unwanted pictures
- Take a relaxing bath with candles and epsom salts
- Order your favorite candy treat off Amazon + watch Frozen II
- Clean your porch and then bask in the rays
- Have a picnic In your yard
- Read a new book
- Paint your nails and toes
- Put a face mask on
- Make a capsule wardrobe for Spring
- Rearrange your furniture for a new look
- Have a Facetime/Skype date with your best buddies
- Make A Latte ( If you don’t have a frother, a blender works too )
- Start a Netflix series. I personally love: Grey’s Anatomy, Riverdale, The 100, You, Suits, Shadow Hunters
- Make a gallery wall with old prints + pictures
- Start a blog
- Organize your garage
- Meal plan
- Order food online ( so many local stores do food delivery, but also check into other sites online )
- Wash your windows inside and out.
- Clean your car
- Take a book and coffee out to your deck and read in “nature”
- Organize a trip for when the world is normal again
- Create a fort in your home with twinkle lights
- Organize toys and your junk drawers
- Plant a garden inside or out. You can order seeds online!
- Power wash your driveway
- Order dinner online and have a candlelit dinner with your significant other.
- Go on Tiktok ( I swear, hours of entertainment are awaiting you )
- Make your favourite warm drink, jump in the car and drive for an hour and blast your favourite music.
- Organize your fridge and pantry.
- Do yoga or pilates inside
- Paint a room in your home
- Paint a feature wall in your home with a sponge
- Take a mid afternoon nap
- Do a room refresh with items you already have
- Take an online course – photography, interior design etc
I hope you’re all staying safe and remember that it isn’t about you. It’s about those around you. The only way this will work is if we flatten the curve and stay at home.
Also, please see my friend Amy’s list of 100 activities to do with kids